Weekend Crush: Krissy KiKi | Flexines: Weekend Crush: Krissy KiKi

Friday, April 26, 2013

Weekend Crush: Krissy KiKi

There are so many reasons Krissy KiKi is this week's Weekend Crush; of all of these, the absolute top is her fun personality. What I love about KiKi is she is always upbeat, fun, and the most encouraging person. I challenge you to read her blog and NOT be inspired--it's just not possible. When she's not giving tips on how to be yourself, or putting herself out there being all kinds of KiKi wacky, she's posting helpful comments.  Incidentally, KiKi is running a 1 Year Pole Dancing Scholarship and a 30 Day Pole Dancing Scholarship through StudioVeena, check them out and apply by May 1st.


Scorpio, Starting Point
Used with permisson from KrissyKiKi
How can she be so... KiKi? I have to say that is probably what draws me the most, the ability to be herself 100% of the time. It takes a lot of courage to do, and is something I admit I don't feel comfortable letting myself do all the time. Being yourself has the burden that any judgment falls on you, rather than whoever you might choose to emulate. I think it definitely adds a lot more expression to your movements, though, and is definitely worth it. Maybe we should all try to give ourselves the leeway to just let go and be who we are now, just let it flow. It certainly works for KiKi!
Scorpio, After
Impressive, right?!?
Used with permission from KrissyKiKi

KiKi is a home poler, learning through online videos and StudioVeena lessons. To make poling affordable, I also favor online learning over physical studios and it is so frustrating to learn at a slower pace because of it. Then too, some people just pick it up faster or slower (yep, I learn it slower). I like to write about mindset because it is a huge part of poling for me--if I don't feel like I'm going somewhere, I don't feel like moving. The issue with progress is that it builds over time, something I love KiKi's blog for. At first you see a minor improvements, then a few months later you see her so close to middle splits it makes you wonder. Same with tricks. Some days the inspiration makes it impossible not to stretch/pole/go for it!




Check out more of KiKi's pole videos on her YouTube channel!

The video above is one of my current favorite (and it does have a bit to do with the fun 80's music, I am a total sucker for 80's). AAaand the leg warmers! I don't know what trick that is around 1:32, some sort of a spin?, but I love that too.


Aside from being a pole blogger, scholarship coordinator, and move-nailing poler, KiKi also is a bit of a pole activist. It is nice to see people making an effort to let the world know pole is multi-dimensioned, and what it means to us. Check out her video below, part of the What is Pole Dance campaign (the idea is to post a video of what pole dance means to you and share it with the world).


Taken from KiKi's channel


3 comments:

  1. The trick in question is my attempt at the rockstar/pretzel spin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love how well you transition in spins :)

      Delete
  2. Whenever I am having down days, I like to read this article, it reminds me that I can affect others and to keep rocking me :)

    ReplyDelete