Weekend Crush: Ronda Rousey | Flexines: Weekend Crush: Ronda Rousey

Friday, December 27, 2013

Weekend Crush: Ronda Rousey

Last night was one of those nights. I am the odd one out on betting days--in my family we bet imaginary money on boxing and MMA matches and yell at the screen--but last night was a little different. I actually got into the action because I wanted to see if pretty Ronda Rousey could kick butt. And I hoped for it.

I know nothing, absolutely nothing, about mixed martial arts but I love to see women follow their dreams, even if it means going outside traditional gender roles. You know those little face shots they show with the competitor stats? I loved seeing a lovely shot of Ronda Rousey vs. the aptly nicknamed "Girlrilla" Meisa Tate. Okay, so I was immediately biased against Tate for being... alardosa... One of those people that just has to call attention to herself and "act big."

Tate did, for her credit, start out well. But just look at how it ended.... my arm hurts just looking at that! I don't care how flexible your shoulders are, there is no surviving this kind of arm ripping fury. I'll let you guess who won this match.




Oh, and she's a mom.

Ronda is an Olympian and a UFC champion but on top of that has a daughter. I would hate to mess with Ronda's daughter, just imagine being up against someone who has grown up with Ronda. I shudder to think. Women can have it all. We can be UFC fighters and moms if we choose, or doctors and poets, or anything. I only have one regret--that this awesomeness does not include flexyness. But then the super strength does make up for that quite a bit!

*Photo: Cropped from "Saying hi to Ronda Rousey" by Pedro Gaytan, Creative Commons 2.0 License




No comments:

Post a Comment