Weekend Crush: Sadie, Coloradan Belly Dancer | Flexines: Weekend Crush: Sadie, Coloradan Belly Dancer

Friday, April 4, 2014

Weekend Crush: Sadie, Coloradan Belly Dancer



Sadie's been on my Weekend-Crushes-to-be list for too long. She has some kind of voodoo magic that wants you want to watch her forever. You may even be fooled into thinking you can just get up from your belly dance induced trance and start dancing like a pro... okay, maybe that's just me, but is it ever hard! Her belly dance is inspired by her athletic background and it shows. I just want to have half her ability to isolate muscles!





Did you catch all that craziness around 2:00?? The most I've been able to achieve is isolating my upper and lower abs separately, and doing some sort of a belly roll. And these are doable with more defined abs, but I am partial to belly rolls with belly to them. If you are ever down about not having pole star abs, just remember you have belly dancer abs. You're Welcome. :)

Other than the ab, hip, and chest isolations to dream for I love that Sadie is this everyday Coloradan, originally from Wisconsin, who has turned her passion for the sensual, mysterious, and exotic belly dance into a reality. I have always wanted to see someone with a strong belly dance background do a pole and belly dance fusion (C'mon Sadie!). Mayhap we can pester Aerial Gypsy from Femtastic Dance to do one? If you've seen one, please do share in the comments! I suppose it would take a lot of strength to pole in a skirt, or maybe a shorter skirt? And no jingly coins.

I leave you to contemplate Sadie's America's Got Talent submission with her best friend, Kaya. (Ugh, Piers, you dolt. I still hate dislike him for being horrible to Steven.) Dance friends make everything about a million times better:






2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I wanted to be a belly dancer SO much when I was little. Love the costumes and now my daughter is getting into it too x
    http://bellalovesbear.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fluid! The furthest I've gotten with it is doing a rough belly roll, and since I tend to be uncoordinated it took quite awhile, lol. My favorite tutorials are the by this belly dancer for Howcast, here's one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K62qZ2hGyw

    You should try working on a few moves, I bet you could come up with a lovely, fashionable belly dance outfit!

    ReplyDelete