Flexy Spotlight: Sasha Cohen | Flexines: Flexy Spotlight: Sasha Cohen

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Flexy Spotlight: Sasha Cohen

Sasha Cohen
"Sasha Cohen" (c) 2006 by Ryosuke Yagi
CC Attribution 2.0 License



Who doesn't want to nail the splits, or have some flexibility goal?

Whether it be for dance, gymnastics, pole dance, or physical milestone, flexibility rules. Since I was little I wished I could have been in any of these arts (preferably all of them, but that's my perfectionist yearning). In gym class I could never pass that stupid, painful hamstring stretch test.

I have always admired flexibility, but in 2006 Sasha Cohen made me worship it.

This, ladies and gents, is the Campbell's International hosted by the Xcel Energy Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota--and I had tickets! I fell in love, I mean check out that extension. (I love you Sasha!) All performance glitches aside (read heart-wrenching falls), no one can fault her on her flexibility. She hits it all with ease, compare her to other figure skaters and you'll notice they have to pull on their legs and when they leave a flexed position they pull back out of it. Yes, I'm kinda obsessed.

Have you seen a more beautiful expression of back flexibility? <--Click for the flexy.

Oh, OH! Did you know Sasha has at least tried out pole dance fitness?
I leave you these flexy, albeit blurry, images to contemplate.
























1 comment:

  1. This is great! I have NO flexibility! Even when I was 50 pounds lighter and doing yoga three times a week. So beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete