Weekend Crush: Eliana Girard | Flexines: Weekend Crush: Eliana Girard

Friday, September 13, 2013

Weekend Crush: Eliana Girard

Normally I don't get into So You Think You Can Dance. I know, I know, this has to be some sort of cardinal sin for a pole dancer. This lady right here? She's getting added to the very few that are on my playlist. She has done everything from contemporary dance on SYTYCD to Cirque du Soleil to some very polerina style contemporary pole. Did you know that existed? I just found out from a friend and I think we need much, much more of this!






Checking out her style I found that she has this different approach to ballet than what's traditional. One of the SYTYCD judges called her a "ballet warrior." She's striking because it's ballet with an edge whether she's actually doing ballet or if she's melding it with another dance form. Today I will risk stoning by adding to my admissions that I am not a huge fan of ballet--I love me some ballerina pictures but I get drowsy watching performances. (It could very well be my lack of ballet knowledge at work.) I love seeing her mix it up and add a different twist on ballet expression. It's so relatable.

And yes, she is seriously flexy. I love the spin at about 0:57. Pretty sure her back is made of rubber, if she even has connected vertebrae. Moves like this make me wish so bad I had gotten a chance to take ballet or gymnastics like I wanted to when I was a little girl. We work with what we get and you never know, I might just get that flexible... For now if I can get splits and needle scale I can die in peace. Well, and an Extended Allegra. In the meantime I will just have to live through the stunning Eliana Girard. 






3 comments:

  1. WOW, she is really good. I can't even begin to do any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't do that if I tried I wouldn't look so graceful I'd hurt myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!! I have always admired dancers and I would love to be able to do that, probably never in my lifetime as got two left feet lol

    ReplyDelete