Weekend Crush: Kenneth Kao, DC | Flexines: Weekend Crush: Kenneth Kao, DC

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Weekend Crush: Kenneth Kao, DC

He teaches Kung Fu, practices chiropractic medicine, and oh yeah, there's that bit where he jumped from one pole to another at this year's Pole Expo. If you are a pole dancer you have definitely heard the litany: Do NOT jump into moves! This is true for those of us that are risking injury by compensating a lack of strength with momentum--in his case his strength gives him the control to pull off such an insane move. Don't blink, it happens around 0:45. And yes, this is one of those video I recommend clicking the gear and choosing HD!




I found this awesome video on NinaReed.com. Coolest part? He's actually one of her pole instructors! Dr. Kenneth Kao is an instructor at Vertical Fusion Boulder. I can't imagine taking instruction from him, wow! Or even better, following the recommendation on his practice's site, "Anyone is welcome to fly him out to location for specialized care or instruction, or just for fun!" I'm adding that to my list of ways to spend my money when I win the lottery. I can dream!

As if that wasn't enough Kenneth Kao is also a published writer and loves to learn about the human condition. The English nerd in me is all sorts of happy knowing this. It seems to me that pole dance tends to go with intellectual awesomenes; there must be something to that. In fact, I am certain of it and will be posting some of my findings to that effect soon! Check out links to his Dr. Kao's published works on his personal blog, The Chaos of Balance.


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I don't think I have seen a guy do pole before. Makes I look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so phenomenal to see live! the audience gave a standing ovation and applauded for like a minute after...even while he was still performing it was awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you for sharing! I am pretty excited about having Ken as an instructor too, even when he asks me to do crazy-hard stuff that I'm nowhere close to get but will try anyway :-P

    ReplyDelete