3 Ingredient Vivid Orange Carrot Smoothie | Flexines: 3 Ingredient Vivid Orange Carrot Smoothie

Monday, October 7, 2013

3 Ingredient Vivid Orange Carrot Smoothie

I'm not a fan of cooking. Better put, my partner does all the cooking. Coming up with snacks for myself is a pain but when he's not around I have to survive on something, lol. One of my favorite snacks is this easy three ingredient smoothie.



Ingredients:

  • About 2 medium carrots
  • One small orange
  • About 3/4 cups of sugar to taste

Directions:
  1. Wash everything; peel and chop the carrots.
  2. Cut the orange into wedges and peel off the skin.
  3. Put about a cup and a half to two cups of ice cubes in a blender. Better yet, if you have the refrigerator setting, add ground ice.
  4. Add the sugar; you can start out by adding half of it before blending, taste it, and add more if needed.
  5. Blend & enjoy!


Adjustments:

Every time I make this it comes out a little different based on how much of any ingredient I have. 
  • If you want it a bit less sweet or lower in calories reduce the sugar or start with 1/4 cup of sugar, taste it after it's blended, and add sugar bit by bit until you have just enough.
  • Hate pulp? Go with less orange. I recommend against straining this because you will lose a lot of the nutritional content. 
  • Want to add benefits? You can include omega-3's by adding a teaspoon of ground flax or chia seeds. Throw in a tiny bunch of a deep green veggie for an added mix of nutrients.




2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds really nice! We want to do a juice diet etc in the new year, after I have the baby obviously lol might need to remember this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely beats other sweet snacks for nutrients anyways! For dieting you will probably want to put less sugar than I do, although your little girl will probably make sure you need the calories :)

      Delete