Review: Gabrialla Maternity Support Belt | Flexines: Review: Gabrialla Maternity Support Belt

Monday, October 28, 2013

Review: Gabrialla Maternity Support Belt

Gabrialla Maternity Belt, Side View
Side view, taken at 38 weeks
I hate having to slow down for pregnancy. With my first baby I took a full twelve credit load, worked as a full-time retail slave, and balanced family life. That class load? I was taking classes including Chemistry and Personal Fitness with alternating running days and strength training. I kept it up the fitness class until a couple weeks before my due date and then came back a couple weeks after to do a mile run and tie up a few other lose ends.

Sure, there were a few obstacles.

There is the fatigue which is tolerable as much as it cuts into scheduling. The worst part, though, was the intense back pain. Stretching has resolved most of that this pregnancy. I consulted my doctor and she recommended a maternity support belt. She said it would also help with that uncomfortable feeling of pressure on my cervix during running. Now, don't be alarmed, the baby was not going to pop out because I was running. In fact, the amniotic fluid works very well as a cushion so it probably feels like being bounced on someone's knee, only in utero.

The first months - mixed benefits.

I bought my medium support Gabrialla belt (for a very reasonable price on Ebay) around month four. Immediately I noticed that it did do wonders for that pressure on my cervix. I bought a size L even though I was well within the range for a M; I read a review that said they run large. Mine was actually true to size so I just pulled the velcro a little past where it was supposed to attach. It is a bit scratchy so I wear it on top of a light shirt and slather on lotion so I don't scratch my weakening skin. Some days it felt like the belt helped more than others so I think your body's state at any given day affects how much running will or will not irritate your cervix.

The last months - total lifesaver!
Gabrialla Maternity Belt, Front View
Front view, 38 weeks

I am now almost nine months pregnant. Discomfort wakes me up in the middle of the night and I have trouble finding a good laying or sitting position. I was seriously contemplating what would happen if I could not tolerate the last month of pregnancy. Finally I decided to try my maternity belt. Up until now I have mostly used it for running, my light strength training, and the school days that require toting extra textbooks. After half an hour I stopped noticing what position I was in and a few hours later I realized I was actually... comfortable. I like going around in just my husbands shirt lately but I've been putting on *gasp* real clothes so I can wear my maternity belt comfortably. It also fits me now which makes it feel more secure.

The verdict: I would definitely recommend this to any mom and wish I would have had it for my first pregnancy. (Find it on Ebay.)





1 comment:

  1. Your review is really great. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am concerned about fitness but there are many adverts about flex belt. I have researched and find another review source. If you are interested then click here. I am using the Flex Belt & it actually works. I'm very pleased with the results and along with dieting, it's helping me big time.

    ReplyDelete