Mood Music: Olympic Figure Skating Inspired | Flexines: Mood Music: Olympic Figure Skating Inspired

Monday, February 10, 2014

Mood Music: Olympic Figure Skating Inspired

Figure skating is my major pole dance inspiration so in honor of the Sochi Olympics I'm passing on my favorites from the men's short programs. It so happened those had my favorite pieces, and while the performances are not out on YouTube [yet] here are the songs: 




Elegie in E Flat Minor Rachmaninov

I adore the pants off Rachmaninov. (That sounds dirty--oh well, let it stand.) 
Add Canada and the wonderfully strong Patrick Chan and you get perfection minus one fall. (The guys were killing me with the falls, c'mon Canada and USA!) I hardly care because when it comes to musicality Chan was lovely and it makes me want to use this song all the time. I can stretch to it, pole to it, and on the right kind of day I might even run to it. You know, the running-and-pretending-to-be-a-ballerina days. Don't tell me it's that just me that has those?

Tango De Roxanne, Edvin Marton

As much as it hurt to watch Yevgeny Plushenko skate, so haughtily--and worse, flawlessly--while my favorite, Evan Lysacek, only spectated... I still found inspiration. Evan, heal up! Especially since, in a nutshell: Jeremy Abbott. I loved the arrogance; there is a lot to say for that level of pride. And Tango de Roxanne was a brilliant piece for it. Put on your dancer pride and strut. Put on your wax-and-feather wings and fly.



No comments:

Post a Comment