Flexines A Day in the Life: Flexy, Pole and Life | Flexines: Flexines A Day in the Life: Flexy, Pole and Life

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Flexines A Day in the Life: Flexy, Pole and Life

A typical day in the life of a Pre-Med, pole dancing, flexy addict begins with a mental alarm clock. It's the feeling of impeding doom if--I don't get my butt out of bed and set at finishing school work. On tap today: a three hour manic session of Statistics for Medicine.

No, I didn't procrastinate (this time), lol! As a pole mom a fun chunk of my time goes into frantic potty runs and cuddle time, then a bit more to the inevitable fatigue. Cue a quick bathroom run with my two-year-old in the middle of a particularly frustrating Probability problem--I wouldn't have it any other way! Next comes
submitting my assignment in the nick of time and a series of calls to plan my transfer to a four-year college. A quick check of my grades tells me I got an A on my Computers final yesterday so I am going to ace that class. Those late-night exams while morning sick (day sick, night sick?) were totally worth it.

It's already 3:00 pm!

Nope, you didn't read wrong, there wasn't a break to eat in there; I ate an uber-healthy re-heated pizza and "natural" lemonade during the Stats work (what does "natural" even mean anymore?). Well, at least I ate well yesterday and took my vitamins, haha! Hopefully my attempts at eating well most every other day weren't dented. After hours of sitting I know I'm going to really need tonight's stretching event. There's really nothing like a good run followed by a long stretch with friends. It is the only way I could ever keep up this pace without handing some green over to a massage therapist or chiropractor (more on this here).

5:00 pm  and Stretching time!

After this, my day will wind down between studying for my evil instructor of Women, Health, and Medicine. I'll tend to tomatoes and watch some Criminal Minds maybe. But for now, I really need to work out my perfectionist mind and get my flexy on. How else can I expect to become Anastasia one day? I'll even settle for a perfect scorpion... well I'll see if I can get there! Hopefully by the time I'm that flexible my weekly Sunday strength practice will help me hold on for dear life on spinny. Hopefully.

My reward for the day:
I adore long legwarmers for splits!
And yup, my dog Buddy photobombed :)





5 comments:

  1. Buddy just wants to be with his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I almost redid the picture but I thought of you :D

      Delete
  2. I loved your blog! I realistic view into life being a mom, provider and pole addict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It certainly keeps life fun and interesting :D

      Delete
  3. I had no idea you did video chat stretching events. That's cool. I'll need to join in some time!

    ReplyDelete