Review: Extra Long Legwarmers by Mondor | Flexines: Review: Extra Long Legwarmers by Mondor

Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Extra Long Legwarmers by Mondor

Some time ago I bought a pair of extra long legwarmers and it's time to review them!

I like them scrunched but 36" covers my whole legs!

What I like:
They are very comfortable and stay up pretty easily. Mine are 36" legwarmers in white made by Mondor so I can wear them on my 5'3" frame all the way up my leg for maximum coverage or give them a relaxed scrunch as below. That's my favorite way to wear them, then again I like that 80's dancer look, lol :) To give you an idea of how long 36 inch legwarmers are I measured my legs and they were about 33 or 35 inches (I couldn't figure out where my legs should end lol). They are synthetic and machine washable.

Tips for leg warmer wearers`:
If you have legwarmers or plan on buying them I highly recommend wearing them with tights, a leotard, or maybe leggings because they stay up so much better. Another tip for legwarmers, tights, and even stretchy
shorts (yoga/pole shorts) is DO NOT put them in the dryer! If you absolutely need to dry them fast or it's winter so air drying takes too long just stick them in for a 10 or 15 minutes and hang them to dry. The dryer will shrink them plus they become less stretchy so even though they shrink they don't stay up as well (this happened to me with a different pair of legwarmers)

What I would change:

I would change the color for sure. I still love having light colored leg warmers since black gives me the all-too attractive "chicken legs" look. The sun in the photos mask a few orange pop stains (stretching is thirsty work!) and spots. I would have loved to find gray or even beige ones but Mondor seems to only make them in black, white, and pink.

These are machine knit synthetics which makes them both stretchy and a little hard on the knees. If I am wearing just these and pole shorts practicing floorwork they dig in after awhile. They do work great layered so this is really more of a change the wearer can make.

What I love:
Top leg: right side up
Bottom leg: worn upside down
The top of the legwarmers has almost a band about an inch and a half wide to keep them up while the bottom has a thicker (about three inches) that is a little tighter so it works perfect for ankles/feet. You can see in the picture at right that I have them upside down on the bottom leg so they flare out funny. (This was done by accident; I fixed it in all the later pictures included above.) Another great feature is that extra long legwarmers really do help warm up my legs faster and keep that heat in. That has come in handy with all the stretching I've been doing lately.
Bottom line: I would definitely recommend extra long leg warmers so you can easily go from workout or poling to stretching. I hope to make a few knit ones with a knee layer for stretching and floorwork pretty soon so keep an eye out on the Flexines Shop/Boutique at the top of the blog!







 








1 comment:

  1. I know this is an old post but I thought I'd mention these only come in black, white, and pink because they're made for ballet! Don't know if you knew that. I was looking for reviews (and I'm totally bummed I can't find these in 36" anymore, only 24") and found your site. If you like really long leg warmers and want ones that won't bother you when you're on the floor you might try Gaynor Minden. They recently started making ones in black and purple that are really long and super crazy soft. I know some of their line is bamboo, and I think they're new ones (they're ribbed) are cotton. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete