Weekend Crush: Karol Helms | Flexines: Weekend Crush: Karol Helms

Friday, July 5, 2013

Weekend Crush: Karol Helms

I'm not exactly sure what it is about Karol Helms. She is just irresistibly sexy--yes, the fans (more on this in bit), garters, and hot fishnets help, but there is something more. Her style is very different from my own in a way that makes me want to go dye my hair red and buy a slinky corset. Maybe it's her enviable strength, sexy flow, or her athletic legs?

One of my favorite tidbits about Karol is that she started out with the fuzzy YouTube videos of beginner moves like anyone else might. She has a whole tutorial section, definitely a godsend for those of us who learn exclusively from home. Someone (I wish I could remember who!) on StudioVeena once mentioned there
was a criticism on one of her early videos telling her she really needs to learn to pole--completely missing that Karol has become one of the biggest pole stars! This gives you an idea of how far she has come and is truly inspirational.

Back to the sexy flow. I've mentioned it before but want I really love in dance sports is flow. One trick after another does not make a dance even if you add music. It's the transitions and linking moves that bring in the magic. Karol Helms embodies the meaning of flow. There is a sequencing to her movements that makes complete sense but at the same time is a pretty little surprise. I've included a recent favorite of mine below for reference. Check out the awesome costume complete with black feathered fans (click the gear to watch in HD). And the sexy little shake at about 4:09? Yeah, totally irresistible.





No comments:

Post a Comment